Wishing you very Happy Navratri !
5th day of Navratri is the fifth incarnation of Goddess Durga Known as Goddess Skandamata.Goddess Skandamata is also known as symbol of women power.According to Hindu terminology , Goddess Skandamata visit earth on every fifth day of navratri to define their appearance and blessings to their devotees/children.
On the Fifth day of Navratri , people worship Goddess Skandamata and remain in their bhakti with purity of mind , heart and cleanliness for their mother.Goddess Skandamata is known as another form of power and knowledge.
Meaning of Skandamata
- Goddess Skandamata is known as she is the mother of Kartik (Skandha).And at the time of Devasur Sangram , she became the commander of gods in war.
- Goddess Skandamata was also known as ‘Goddess Prastuta’..
About Goddess Skandamata
- Goddess Skandamata is holy seated on the Lion .
- As the Goddess Skandamata is fierce abhaya mudra on lotus flowers.
- Goddess Skandamata had four hands.
- In their Right Hand she is Holding ‘Skand’ , while in the right upper hand holding Lotus Flower.
- In their Left hand in the form of as she is giving blessing to their children/devotees , while in left upper hand holding Lotus flower.
- Goddess Skandamata’s appearance is glowing like the sun as near to the planet of mercury.
- Goddess Skandamata is wearing a red saree and her head is crowned.
5th day of Navrarti , you should do it!
- On this day , you should wear Yellow clothes, as this colour is dear to Goddess Skandamata.
- On this day , you should offer Yellow flowers or their garland such as sunflower , yellow rose , lily etc.
- On this day , you should offer bhogh of Kesar kheer or Banana as it is dear to Goddess Skandamata.
- On this day , with puja you should practice Goddess Skandamata mantra , stuti with purity of mind and love.
- On this day , you should practice fasts or upvash which shows your bhakti and impresses the Goddess.
- On this day , it is you feed food to nine girls as the incarnation of Goddess Durga or help any poor or needy financial or basic necessities which actually meant by Goddess Skandamata.
- At the time of worshipping Goddess Skandamata go with Panchapur Vidhi.
5th day of Navratri dates of 2020
|Magha Gupta Navratri||29 Jan 2020|
|Chaitra Navratri||29 March 2020|
|Ashadha Gupta Navratri||26 June 2020|
|Shardiya Navratri||21 oct 2020|
Puja Vidhi of 5th day of Navratri
- First of all wake up early and wear clean and new clothes.
- Clean the puja house and stapith Goddess Skandamata Picture or idol in the Puja house.
- Then , split droplets of Ganga Jal .
- Then , take a Kalash and put some coins , front of Puja ghar.
- Then , pledge for the puja ghar.
- Offers Roli , kumkum to the Goddess Skandamata.
- Then , deviate dhoop and divya to the Aarti.
- Then offers bhogh to the Goddess and takes jyoth.
Importance of 5th day of Navratri/Significance to worship Goddess Skandamata
- By worshipping Goddess Skandamata will provide the blessings of fast and radiant.
- Goddess Skandamanta will provide the blessings of becoming parents.
- With the puja and Bhakti of the 5th day of Navratri by wearing white clothes goddess will save you from diseases and provide you good health.
- By considering their chanting chants of Goddess Skandamata helps in increasing wisdom and blessings of knowledge.
- Goddess Skandamata will provide family peace and wealth to their devotees.
- Goddess Skandamata provides wealth to the business of management , commerce and banking.
- With the Goddess Skandamata provide happiness , prosperity , health and peace among their devotees’ life , if their bhakti is purity and clean.
- She always remains with their devotees in hidden form and secures them from problems or issues , always for their children and their smile.
For More information regarding Navrarti and Diwali , you may visit our official website ‘www.ydiwali.com’.Hope you get all the rituals regarding the Celebration of the 5th day of Navrarti of Goddess Skandamata.Stay safe , updated and blessed.Thank you!